Monday, March 31, 2008

No Country for Old Men - movie review

Well, I'm not sure what I can say about this movie. It received Best Picture of the Year according to the front of the jacket! But I'm just not sure why. It's not that it was a bad movie, albeit a quite violent movie, and the actors (Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin) did a good job with their characters... it just didn't make a lot of sense to me and it was hard to follow whatever was trying to be said! It seems that a basically good person (Josh Brolin) seizes opportunity when he comes upon a gory scene where a massacre apparently took place over the delivery of a bunch of heroin and a few cool million. The guy takes the money off a dead guy and then the bad guys and the good guys are after him. The number one bad guy (Javier Bardem) who is after him had just gotten out of prison and is a very violent psychopath who kills a lot of people in his quest to get Brolin and his money back. The local Sheriff (T L Jones) is not a lot of help although he does try to find Brolin before the bad guys kill him. And the ending, made no sense at all. I didn't know what ultimately happened to the other characters, the main characters of the story, unless there had been a revelation when I blinked! I didn't really care for this movie because it left me confused. It's rated R.

You can oder this movie from the "Debbie's Movies" below!

No comments: