Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Invasion - Review

I watched The Invasion expecting to find it mildly exciting at best and was happily surprised that I liked this movie! It is a remake of the old Invasion of the Body Snatchers but there are no "pods" involved that were the trademark of the previous versions. Nicole Kidman does well as the lead, although it was kind of "slow" in the beginning. It did have my heart pounding a few times, which surprised and delighted me as she was saving her son from the Aliens. The ending was also a surprise twist and I enjoyed that too. If you are one who likes to find some deep, thought-evoking, intellectually challenging tale you will be disappointed in this film. But, after a long week in the salt mines, if you just want to be entertained for a bit, this is a pretty good flick. I actually saw part of the movie being produced when I was in Baltimore and that was why I bought the movie to begin with, I'm not a huge Sci-Fi type fan. The chase scenes are pretty interesting, if not unbelievable for a real life chase, but hey, it's the movies! I thought it had good interaction considering the "invaded bodies" exhibit no emotion so it's not like you should expect a lot of facial expression and animation from almost everyone! Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10 on my scale.

No comments: